Thursday, April 24, 2008

Triduum

A reminder that I am following the Orthodox calendar for Easter this year, which means that I have just begun the Triduum.

I give thanks that I have managed to stay true to my Lenten regime of abstaining from all meat and dairy products. I am now bringing that to a close, marking Good Friday with a 24-hour fast from all solid food.

I am only a bit over five hours into it and my stomach is already rumbling, though that is probably more psychological than anything.

Pray that I may be steadfast in my discipline and in my devotions.

5 comments:

Warwickensis said...

May your bodily hunger reveal the spiritual hunger that you have for the Lord.

God bless your fast.

Alice C. Linsley said...

By now, dear Albion, you are celebrating Pascha with all the joy of one who has made a long and arduous journey.

"I am risen! I am no longer in the tomb. Three days have I ministered to those under the earth and now they are set free."

Cristos Anesti!

Albion Land said...

Αληθεια,

ΑΛΙΘΟΣ ΑΝΕΣΤΗ!

Anonymous said...

Albion,

Out of curiosity, what exotic land enjoys your presence these days? (If I recall correctly, you've not been in the Anglosphere in a while.)

Albion Land said...

Death, my friend,

I have been meaning to say it is a joy to have you back here commenting after such a long silence. I will never forget that you were one of the first (if not the first) readers to comment here.

Absolutely nothing new with me, geographically. I am still living in Cyprus, about to complete my 8th year here, and still going on holiday to Spain when I can. In the past year, I have also been to Jerusalem twice, and Bulgaria, England and Kosovo once each.